Cherry Angioma (Cherry Haemangioma) Treatment Leeds
Cherry angiomas are made up of clusters of broken blood capillaries at the surface of the skin, forming a red papule. They range in both shape and size. More common to appear with age and can develop on most areas of the body.
This type of skin growth is typically not a cause for concern unless it bleeds often or changes in size, shape, or colour and then we would recommend having it checked out with your GP. Some clients want to removal then for cosmetic reasons and to do this, we treat using a laser which is fast, simple and relatively pain free.
It works by the laser coagulates the lesion which then shrinks, fades and disappears. The heat from the laser treatment impacts the vasculature of the lesions which causes the vessel wall to close; the vessel is absorbed by the body, leaving no visible trace of the lesion at the surface of skin.
Anything from one to three + treatments may be required and this can be dependant on the age and size of the lesion.
Treatment can be carried out on the face and body.
Prices start from £70 for a single lesion. Consultations are free of charge, if you wish to go ahead with treatment, then a test patch does need to be carried out and is charged at £25.
What to Expect from your Long Pulse Nd:YAG Vascular Lesion Treatment
- Procedure Time – From 15 minutes
- Back to Work – Immediately
- Anaesthetic – None required
- Sensitivity Period – 48+ hours (dependent on individual’s healing process)
- Visible Results – Immediate and up to 4-6 weeks later
- Number of Treatments – Around 3
- Possible Side Effects – Mild soreness/skin irritation, swelling, bruising, blistering
- Duration of Results – Permanent
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is it Safe? The Harmony XL Pro™ Long Pulse Nd:YAG system is clinically proven to be both safe and effective.
- How does it work? By exposing the vascular lesion to short pulses of laser light, the temperature in the blood will be raised sharply; enough to damage the vessel wall. The vessels are then absorbed by the body, making them less visible or completely destroying them.
- Is the treatment suitable for me? Treatment is suitable for most people. However, prior to treatment a free consultation is carried out during which a medical history is taken to confirm suitability for treatment. You will be asked to give informed consent and a small test patch will be carried out at least 24 hours prior to your first session.
Before and After Picture